Star Wars: Shadow War
The following is a list of how to create a character for STAR WARS: SHADOW WAR. A compiled list of all rules necessary for creating a player character can be found as a hyperlinked PDF here.
While the main rulebook can be found here.
1. Ability Scores: Roll 4d6, drop the lowest die and assign where you want.
Bonus Die: If you only have one score above 15, you can roll a bonus die. A result of 1-4 is a 16, a 5 is a 17, and a 6 is a 18. If you have two or more scores above 15, you do not get to roll a bonus die. This is to ensure everyone has at least two good stats for their characters.
3. Available Classes: Noble, Scoundrel, Scout, Soldier. Note: The Jedi class is not available at 1st level as there is no one to train you. The Jedi class will become available sometime after 1st level if you wish to pursue it.
4. Bonus Feat or +1 to Attribute: With discussion and approval of the GM, you can pick either one bonus feat from the approved list or raise any one attribute +1, though no ability score can be raised above 20 with this bonus. If you want to play a Jedi or Force sensitive character, you should pick Force Sensitivity as a bonus feat.
5. Pick Destiny: Champion, Destruction, Discovery, Education, Liberation, Redemption, Rescue.
6. Starting Equipment: If you are a noble you have (2d4 + 6) × 250 credits to pick your equipment. If you are any other class you have (2d4 + 4) × 250 credits to pick equipment. You can not purchase a vehicle of any kind and you can only purchase items that you can reasonably carry on your person or in a small amount of luggage.
7. Background: After character creation and discussion with the player, backgrounds will be written up by the GameMaster for each player character. The backgrounds will leave many details open to the player yet weave the character’s background into the campaign’s plot.